Welcome to Cloud Analytics News, an industry newsletter devoted to big data analytics technology in the cloud, presented by Kyligence. Each month, Cloud Analytics News will share the important news on Apache Kylin, Kyligence Cloud, and related technologies. In this edition, we cover Apache Kylin 101, Kyligence Cloud 4 on Azure Marketplace, a discussion of the Kylin/Kyligence approach of precomputation versus data virtualization, and more.
Apache Kylin 101
Developers and application architects who are new to the Apache Kylin world should check out this educational webinar called Apache Kylin 101, delivered by Kylin committer Kaige Liu of Kyligence.
Kyligence Cloud 4 Overview Webinar
Kyligence presented one of its most popular BrightTALK webinars to date that provides an overview of the latest release of Kyligence Cloud. View the webinar.
- Kyligence Cloud 4 - Feature Focus: Unified Semantic Layer with the Director of Product Management, Joanna He, April 28
- Precomputation or Data Virtualization, which one is right for you? with the VP of North America, Li Kang, May 12
- Kyligence Cloud 4 - Feature Focus: AI-Augmented Engine with Senior Solution Architect Robert Hardaway, May 26
- Smashing Big Data Barriers with Tableau and Snowflake with Senior Solution Architect Saikat Basu, June 2
- Kyligence Cloud 4 - Feature Focus: Spark-Powered Cubing and Indexing
with Senior Solution Architect Mike Shen, June 9
Kyligence "Cubes to Clouds" Campaign Begins
Kyligence is the ideal platform for moving legacy OLAP data to the cloud. So we've recently begun promoting this capability as a digital campaign. Get more information here.
New Blog: Precomputation or Data Virtualization
Get out the vote!
Kyligence Cloud has been nominated for a Database Trends and Applications Readers Choice Award for Big Data Analytics Solution in 2021. We'd appreciate it if you would vote here. Voting ends May 7.
Kyligence Cloud 4 on Azure Marketplace
Kyligence has delivered Kyligence Cloud as a transactable solution on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. This simplifies the purchase and billing process enabling customers to bundle Kyligence with Azure without leaving the Azure portal.
Cloud Analytics Resources
- Webinar How Online Analytical Processing is Rising From the Ashes in the Cloud Era
- Webinar Excel, Data Discovery and Snowflake: Unhappy Together
- Webinar A High-Performance, High-Concurrency Architecture for Analytics on Azure
- Webinar Architecting Snowflake for High Concurrency and High Performance
- Blog When 1,200 OLAP Cubes Become Two
- Blog News of the Death of OLAP Has Been Greatly Exaggerated
- Blog Excel Pivot Tables and Snowflake – Happily Ever After
Founded by the creators of Apache Kylin, Kyligence provides an intelligent analytics performance layer that sits between data sources (data warehouses, data lakes, cloud storage) and analytics users, making data marts and other analytics middleware unnecessary. The result is sub-second query response times for BI, SQL, OLAP, and Excel users against very large datasets. Kyligence also features an AI-augmented learning engine to ensure peak performance and vastly simplified data modeling.
Kyligence is headquartered in San Jose, CA. Investors include Redpoint Ventures, Coatue, Cisco, China Broadband Capital, Shunwei Capital, and Eight Roads Ventures (the proprietary investment arm of Fidelity International Limited). Kyligence serves a global customer base that includes AppZen, McDonald’s, L’OREAL, Xactly, China Merchants Bank, and Huawei.